Saturday, October 23, 2010

180 (2010 #45). The Story of Our Club

by Felix B. Streyckmans

After posting a photo in my family history blog of my dad and his two older siblings at Dairymen's Country Club in Wisconsin, I decided to learn a little more about this place that has such good memories for my dad, his siblings, and some of my cousins.

I found this book via WorldCat and requested it through interlibrary loan. Subtitled "An Interpretive History of Dairymen's Country Club, Boulder Junction, Wisconsin,"  the 79-page book is just that.  The history covers the purchase of the original acreage in December 1925, to 1968. It also addresses the club's efforts to preserve trees, fish, and other wildlife. It includes some black-and-white photographs, which brought back many memories for my father, as well as some good maps.  You can read more about what I learned here.

© Amanda Pape - 2010

[This book was borrowed from and returned to another library via interlibrary loan.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment