Saturday, June 15, 2013

341 (2013 #25). Family Pictures

by Jane Green

I won this book in Bookreporter.com's Women's Fiction Contest about the time I was finishing Jane Green's Another Piece of My Heart.  Unfortunately, although this book has more likeable characters than Another Piece, I was unable to finish it.  The plot is predictable (no thanks to a too-revealing blurb), the story full of contrived coincidences, and the whole book is unbelievable.  I read all of Part 1, because I wanted to know how the title fit into the story (you find out at the very end of that section, on page 130), and then I skimmed the rest and read the epilogue (pages 342-344), where, once again, on the very last page, the title fits in again.  I do like the cover art, but that's about it.

I might have finished the book if I had nothing else to read - but then a new advance reader edition arrived that looks much more promising.  Sorry, but I really can't recommend this book.

© Amanda Pape - 2013

[I won a free copy of this book and was asked only to share my honest opinion. The book will be passed on to someone else to enjoy.]

No comments:

Post a Comment