Friday, September 06, 2013

353 (2013 #37). Pinning Your Family History

by Thomas MacEntee

Genealogy guru Thomas MacEntee has written a helpful guide to using Pinterest and other image and map based websites in family history research. Thomas provides some ideas on Pinterest boards you can create, as well as advice on copyright and terms of service issues. While I am already an avid user of Google Maps, one of the other sites he recommends, and am familiar with Historypin, I appreciated learning about other sites I was unfamiliar with, like What Was There (love the slider through time!) and uencounter.me. There's also a link to a free webinar on genealogy pinning at the end of the e-book. Thomas practices what he preaches, providing visibility for many family history blogs by pinning blog posts -- many on boards visible at his GeneaBloggers website. I will be trying some of his suggestions on my own Pinterest boards, and on the other sites he recommends.

Click here to download the book and remember, you don’t need a Kindle to read it! Check out the Free Kindle Reading Apps that let you read Kindle books on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

© Amanda Pape - 2013

[Disclaimer:  I received this e-book for free during a promotion.  Currently the cost is $2.99.]

No comments:

Post a Comment