Saturday, April 25, 2015

472 (2015 #29). Rebound!

by David Borges

Pickings were kind of slim in the February batch of Early Reviewer books for LibraryThing, and I've learned I have to request at least three books to have a chance of getting one.  This was my third choice book.

I put it on the list because my son was a graduate student at the University of Connecticut (UConn) at the time of their 2013-14 championship season, and he has been a longtime basketball player and fan.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get through this book, and gave up after the first six chapters (52 pages out of a total of 189).  I'm not a sports fan, and there is just too much detail for me in this book.

Author David Borges is a sportwriter, and to his credit, he provides eight-and-a-half pages of footnotes at the end identifying sources for many of the quotes in his book.  There are also twelve pages of black-and-white photos about 2/3 of the way through the book.

Perhaps this book would be better appreciated by a UConn alumnus or sports fan, or a basketball fan.


© Amanda Pape - 2015

[I received this book from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program.  It will be passed on to a UConn grad and basketball fan - my son - to enjoy.]

No comments:

Post a Comment