Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hood County Library 2015 Summer Reading Challenge Book #2 - Recommended by a Friend

Under the Same Blue Sky by Pamela Schoenewaldt

This category is kind of tricky, as usually I'm the one recommending books to others.  However, the blurb on the cover of this book is by Ann Weisgarber, who wrote the historical fiction The Promise and who I have befriended and met in person at the Texas Library Association conference back in April in Austin.  I respect Ann's opinion, especially when it comes to my favorite genre, historical fiction.  She says of this book:

"Absorbing and layered...a tender and, at times, heartbreaking story about German Americans during World War I. With remarkable compassion, the author skillfully portrays conflicted loyalties, the search for belonging, the cruelty of war, and the resilience of the human spirit. "

Review is here.

© Amanda Pape - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment