Saturday, September 05, 2015

Hood County Library 2015 Summer Reading Challenge Book #19 - From the FOL Bookstore

The Lady and the Unicorn, by Tracy Chevalier

I bought this at the Hood County Friends of the Library book sale in October 2006, mostly because I liked the cover and the blurb on the back.

The cover has two cut-outs, through which you can see the Lady and the Unicorn of the famous six Middle Ages tapestries upon which this historical fiction novel is based.  I'd never heard of this masterpiece until I read the blurb on the back of the book.  That, the cover, and the price (it was among a number of books I filled a box with on the last day of the sale for only $5) are what inspired me to buy it.

At the time, I'd only read Chevalier's Girl With a Pearl Earring, and this sounded similar.  Since then, I've read two more of Chevalier's books, and now I finally got around to this one, which had been sitting on my TBR (to be read) shelf for while.

Review is here.

© Amanda Pape - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment