Monday, November 14, 2016

693-694 (2016 #48-49). Two Children's Books published in Canada


Yitzi and the Giant Menorah is a colorful book with a cute Hanukkah story. The illustrations by author and illustrator Richard Ungar are done with a technique called watercolor monoprint and have an Impressionistic feel to them.
Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea is the first book in cartoonist Ben Clanton's Narwhal and Jelly series.  This easy reader / comic book / graphic novel (64 pages) has hand-lettered text and simple illustrations done with colored pencils and colored digitally.  The four very short stories in the book are silly, but there are two pages of fun facts, one each about narwhals and jellyfish.

I'll be adding both books to my library's collection, but I really wish I could get a copy of Clanton's Vote for ME!


© Amanda Pape - 2016

[I received these books from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program.]

No comments:

Post a Comment