Tuesday, January 24, 2017

710 (2017 #8). After You

by JoJo Moyes

This is the sequel to JoJo Moyes' highly successful Me Before You, which I listened to about three years ago.  As the title implies, this is what happens to Louisa Clark after Will Traynor dies in the first book.  While this book could technically stand alone on its own, I would definitely recommend reading Me Before You first.

Despite being left some money by Will, and being encouraged by him to travel, Louisa's living out of boxes in a flat in London, and working at an airport bar.  An accident sets in motion a transition, but it takes a LONG time, and is complicated by Sam, the attractive paramedic who treats Louisa, as well as an unexpected visitor from Will's past - the daughter he never knew he had, sixteen-year-old Lily.

Lily behaves like a spoiled brat, and I found myself growing irritated with Louisa for putting up with her.  But as Louisa (and I) learned more about Lily, she starts to grow on her (and me).

Characters from the first book reappear in this one, including Louisa's quirky family, to provide some comic relief.

And - it looks like there will be a sequel.  Moyes leaves Louisa's future a bit up in the air at the end of this book, with some unfinished business.


© Amanda Pape - 2017

[This e-book was borrowed from and returned to my university library.]

No comments:

Post a Comment